Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another $300 Income On the Side This Month

Earlier, I mentioned that I took a document prep side job. It turned out that I didn't have any project work for my daily job for the past week. So I've been doing this side job at my regular job time. This means I didn't spend extra time to make this $300. I've received the full payment $300 over the weekend. Moreover, I was offered to do another job with the same amount of payment plus bonus. The time to complete is one week. And I took it.

When someone is offering a side job, are you going to take it? I will if
  1. It won't take me long hrs to finish. This implies that it must be something within my areas of expertise or easy for me to figure out.
  2. It pays good money comparing to the hrs I'll spend on it. I consider $25 per hr to be good.
  3. It pays good non-monetary returns such as a new connection, some new learnings, or reinforcement of old knowledges/skills, etc.
Once I decide to take the job, I make sure I get the job. If a job passes the above 3 criteria, there are usually many people who will be compete for it. How are you going to win the final deal? Before telling the person that you will take the job, make sure you
  1. Show great concerns about the job. Ask for specifics about the job.
  2. Show your competence. Show what you can do related to the job requirements.
  3. Be honest about 1 and 2.
After you are offered the job, remember to discuss the installments of the payment. I don't like to receive a lump sum at the job delivery time. The person who is offering the job may not feel comfortable of paying you the lump sum at the beginning either. The best is to set up specific installments according to completions of sequential job tasks.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online