Friday, April 11, 2008

Sirius, This Time Looks Serious

I started buying stocks four years ago when I was a sophomore in college. Sophomore comes from the Greek words: Sophos (wise) and Moros (foolish). So it really means "you thinks you are wise but in fact your are very foolish." I was such a sophomore. At that time, Howard Stern signed contracts with Sirius, and that news alone pushed up the stock price from $5 to about $9 within a period of a few months. I got in around $6 and with the conviction that the stock price will double. Well, four years past, SIRI's price is less than half of what I bought at. It hit a new low today, with after market trading ending at $2.49. During the course of four years, its stock price faltered but never reached $6 again, let alone my wished target $12. I sold half of my positions around $4 to take a loss, leaving the other half to take on the long term bet. Earlier this year, I was hoping the merger ride can give it a boost, but with the final word still yet to come, people seemed to have lost their patience. I think that's why we saw the price drop during the past two days. Since it's a small amount of money left, I will leave it there and continue bet on the long term. But the lesson should be learned: Never Never Never buy anything unless you done your research. Pig can never be a bull, and a pig only gets slaughtered.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online